For those not familiar with the add-on, Echo Wizard, is an awesome Swiss army knife for your system providing an excellent maintenance tool that gives you the ability to free your cache and remove unused packages, manually or auto , a great Add-on installer with a new function so you can choose one of the Packs available and install a collection of add-ons with one click, and a Backup and Restore tool…among others you will find Advanced settings for different systems, lots of Builds from the Developer and his community friends, a Dead Repo detect and removal tool and many more….This is a 3rd party add-on, it is not supported by the official KODI developers, site or forum. For more information about ECHO Wizard you can follow the Echo Coder in Twitter. Follow the Installation Guide or simply watch our Video Guide.
You can find all the Video Guides in our YouTube Channel.
All our Guides are presented in our Aeon Nox based Build called Simplicity but you will find no problem to follow the instructions in any Skin or Build you may use. If this is your first Visit in our site please find some time to Read our Disclaimer page before you proceed.
There are hundreds of add-ons for Kodi, but due to geographical restrictions, many users are unable to use the add-ons that they download. With a VPN, however, digital borders disappear, making all of the Kodi add-ons accessible from anywhere. Protect your personal web activity, establish a protected internet environment, stop ISP surveillance and invasive ad trackers. We strongly suggest using a trusted VPN service like IPVanish .
First we need to install the Echo Repository.
• From your main menu screen select File Manager under System
• Double click Add Source
• Press the <None> indication on the pop up window that appears
• Type the repository url as follow http://echocoder.com/repo/ and click Done
• We need to give a name to the repository so press the empty space under Enter a name for this media source
• For our guide we choose to name this repository .Echo but you can give any name you want as long as you can recognize the source. The small dot is a simple solution so our repositories will not mix with local folders as Kodi keeps an alphabetical order to the media sources. Type the name .Echo and click Done
• Select OK
• Now you should be able to see .Echo added to your media sources. If you receive a message that your system cannot connect to the media source check again the url you typed for the repository and make sure it is correct. If that is correct check your internet connection. If nothing of the above is the problem then there is a chance that the media source is temporary down and you may need to continue the installation when the url is active.
• Now you need to go back to your main screen and select Add-ons from the System menu
• Select Install from zip file
• Click on .Echo or the name you typed for the Echo repository
• Select the repository.echo-1.03.zip file. During our guide it was the v1.03 as you can see but it may have been updated
• The installation of the repository may take some time. When it is completed you will see a massage that the add-on is enabled. Depending on the Skin or Build you use the message can appear in a different location on your screen.
• Now select Install from repository
• We can see all the Repositories installed in our system. Select ECHO Repository
• Select Program add-ons
• Select ECHO Wizard
• The add-on menu will open.Click Install
• The installation may take some time. When it is finished you will see a message Add-on enabled. Depending on the Skin or Build you use the message may appear in a different location. You will also see the indication Enabled next to the add-on. That should appear in all the add-ons installed in your system.
• Click on ECHO Wizard
• To run the Wizard click Open
• Now you are in the ECHO Wizard environment and you can search through the many functions it provides. Lets take a first look…
• Select OFFICIAL ECHO BUILDS
• You can choose one of the Horus Builds or VIBE Build, all three of them are nice and your choice just depends on system requirements and personal preferences. Stay tuned for more details in upcoming Reviews…
• Move back and Select Echo addon Installer.
• You will find the basic Kodi Sections, and we will just take a look at Video Addons
• You will find a big collection of add-ons, with a nice indication for those that are already installed in your system. The servers respond fast and we had no problem with any installation.
• Also in Echo addon Installer we can find the Packs , let’s move there .
• We can see a list of Packages available, that actually gives you the option to install, with one click, a collection of add-ons for Movies and TV Series (Movies/Shows Pack), Live TV Channels (IPTV Pack), Sports Pack e.t.c An interesting Package is the one under Guide Pack where you can install all the add-ons that are fully integrated as a source option in the TV Guide. Packs can be a very useful tool specially for beginners to start their Kodi setup but be advised that mass installation will probably burden your system .We always suggest to keep your system simple and light with only the necessary add-ons which you are using frequently .
• We move back and select Community Builds
• Now the list here is endless and we suggest to browse a little in order to find what you want. Great build developers in here with choices for almost any system. For information and support for each Build we suggest you get in contact with the original developers.
• Move back and Select Maintenance Tools
• First thing to do we suggest Select AUTO CLEAN ON KODI LAUNCH
• When you Enable this function each time you start your Kodi your system will have 0 cache and packages and thumbnails will be removed….
• You can also do that manually, just select Clear Cache
• When prompted click Yes
• The procedure is instant and efficient. You can follow the same procedure with the rest of the options offered in this section to Delete Thumbnails, Purge packages, even Delete crash log files
• Select Check for Broken Repositories
• If you are using Builds then trust me when i say you need this. The system will start scanning your KODI in order to determine if all the repositories are active. When it detects a non responsive one it will inform you and ask if you wish to remove it. Be advised that number of reasons may cause a repository not to be active at a certain time. Our suggestion is not to accept the removal at the first search. We strongly suggest to make a follow up second search in one – two days and if you find the same repositories inactive then there is a great chance you want be needing them any more.
• In any case use this function with caution. But it remains a strong tool for your system. When the scan is completed you will have the results. We can see that our Simplicity has 67 active repositories and three questionable. That was nice, we will check again tomorrow just to be sure they are still dead and remove them when prompt. Now lets move on…
• View Current and old Log file is always nice to have , just click VIEW LOG FILE.
• You can choose OLD or CURRENT log file to view .
• Gives you a snap shot of your system and in case you face any problem, information to figure out what went wrong.
• Also , a new amazing function is that you can view your Last Error .
• As you can see I don’t have any errors , so Great News ! Nevertheless this tool can be very useful when you do have an error and you can use this screen to provide to the developer all the information he needs in order to help you.
• Select Advance Settings
• You will find a list that covers most of the common systems you may run Kodi. You can use that in order for the wizard to propose modifications that may help your system to run Kodi more efficiently. Do not expect any miracles. If you have a Fire Stick, at the end of the day it will remain a Fire Stick.
We will not cover all the features available in the Echo Wizard, there are plenty more. We strongly recommend you install this wizard and take advantage of all the functions it provides. Since this is a 3d party add-on it is not supported by the Official Kodi Developers, Forums or Site.
For information and support you can Follow ECHO Coder in Twitter.
ISPs often employ Deep Packet Inspection to snoop on your Internet traffic and limit your Internet speed, including upload and download speeds, based on your Internet usage. IPVanish prevents Deep Packet Inspection and helps you maintain your privacy. We strongly suggest using a trusted VPN service like IPVanish .
You can watch our Video Guide .
You can find all the Video Guides in our YouTube Channel