Light, fast, super easy to configure, and one of our favorite skins. Create your menu and submenus, add widgets, backgrounds and adjust the colors for a unique and super fast Kodi. Follow the Installation Guide or watch our Video guide.
You can always subscribe to our YouTube channel and find all our Video Guides.
All our Guides are presented in our Aeon Nox based Build called Simplicity but you will find no problem to follow the instructions in any Skin or Build you may use. If this is your first Visit in our site please find some time to Read our Disclaimer page before you proceed.
There are hundreds of add-ons for Kodi, but due to geographical restrictions, many users are unable to use the add-ons that they download. With a VPN, however, digital borders disappear, making all of the Kodi add-ons accessible from anywhere. A VPN from IPVanish establishes a protected internet environment, avoid of ISP surveillance and invasive ad trackers. With IPVanish VPN, you have the ability to mask your IP address, the internet address issued by your ISP to identify your personal web activity . We strongly suggest using a trusted VPN service like IPVanish .
• Before you proceed you may want to search for some HD 1920×1080 Backgrounds to use later for Kodi – Backgrounds in every Section.
• Create a folder and save them in your system.
• Copy the folder with your Backgrounds in Kodi media Folder in this path C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\media
• Now Start your Kodi. In order to have access to our Background images we need to add our Home Directory to our File sources in Kodi . Go to System -> File Manager .
• Double Click Add Source .
• Click <None>.
• Type exactly special://home and click Done .
• We need to give a name so press the empty space under Enter a name for this media source.
• We choose to name this .home to recognize the source . The small dot is a simple solution so our repositories will not mix with local folders as Kodi keeps an alphabetical order to the media sources. Type the name .home and click Done.
• Select OK .
• Now, its time to install Mimic . Go System .
• Select Appearance .
• From tab Skin , click Skin .
• Here we can see our installed skins. Click the option Get More... .
• Find and Click Mimic.
• In pop up message select Yes .
• We are going to fully customize TV-Shows of our Main Menu. First we are going to set our main Movie Add-on so when we click TV SHOWS , Kodi will navigate through this add-on. Click Settings .
• First enable the option Always show submenus .
• Then select Setup menus and widgets .
• We can see the default Items of our Main Menu. We Select TV SHOWS to customize as an example. The procedure is the same for all the sections. For Novice users we strongly recommend to leave the System section as it is.
• Click the option Choose item for menu.
• Add – On >
• Select Video Add-On >
• We can see a list with all our video add-ons. For our example we are going to use one of our favorite add-on. Select Exodus .
• Select TV SHOWS .
• Then select Create menu item to here .
• Next we will build our submenu with our favorites add-ons. Select Customize submenu .
• We can see all the default items of the submenu. We will customize one by one starting with IN PROGRESS, the first option you have on the list to your left, move to the right column and Select Choose item for menu
• Select Add-On .
• Click Video add-on
• We select Zen for our example .
• Then select TV Shows .
• Select Create menu item to here .
• Next we will set the Label. Select Set label .
• Type Zen and click OK .
• Now let’s add a nice background .Click Select Background .
• Below you will see some options. We are going to add Single image, in this example, but if you want you can choose Multi-Image which will change your Background Image depending on time you will set. We want something simple so lets click Single Image
• Select the source we created .home .
• Then media.
• Select the name of YOUR folder .
• Select your image .
• Next we are going to add some widgets. Let’s see some tips . Go to option Select widget .
• Select Add-On .
• Video Add-On .
• For our example we choose Exodus .
• Select TV SHOWS .
• Select People Watching .
• Select Use as widget .
• Type the name you want for Title and click DONE .
• Next move back to Skin settings and go in the tab Widgets .
• Enable the option Always show widgets .
• Let’s add some nice colors for our skin . Go to Tab Colours.
• Enable colour customiser .
• Then click Set background colour .
• Choose the color you want. You can also fix the opacity as you will see and then click Save .
• Next let’s set our menu text colour . Select the option Set menu text colour .
• Same process and then click Save .
• Next Select Set highlight colour .
• Same process again and click Save .
• Last we repeat the process for our dialog color . Select Set dialog colour .
• Then when you fix your colors click Save again .
• Now let’s finally take a look how our TV-SHOWS section looks.
You can repeat the process configuring all the sections of the Main Menu and create new ones, like Movies, Sports, Cartoon, Live TV, News, etc. There are many options in this skin to change and make your Kodi Unique and easy to use according to your preferences. For more information and support on Mimic Skin you can always visit the Kodi Forum.
There are hundreds of add-ons for Kodi, but due to geographical restrictions, many users are unable to use the add-ons that they download. With a VPN, however, digital borders disappear, making all of the Kodi add-ons accessible from anywhere. A VPN from IPVanish establishes a protected internet environment, void of ISP surveillance and invasive ad trackers. With IPVanish VPN, you have the ability to mask your IP address, the internet address issued by your ISP to identify your personal web activity . We strongly suggest using a trusted VPN service like IPVanish .
You can watch our Video Guide or subscribe to our YouTube channel